News & Articles¶
- New release: 2022.1 - 2022-11-28
Open Dylan 2022.1 released.
- Dylan Playground Launched - 2020-12-30
Try Dylan in your web browser.
- New release: 2013.2 - 2013-12-23
We just released Open Dylan 2013.2.
- Bringing Back DUIM/Gtk - 2013-08-15
We’re bringing back the GTK+ backend for DUIM, the Dylan UI framework. See how you can help!
- New release: 2013.1 - 2013-07-11
We just released Open Dylan 2013.1 in preparation for the hack-a-thon.
- Dylan Hack-a-thon: July 13-14, 2013 - 2013-06-30
No matter if you know Dylan or not, we can help you learn Dylan or put your other skills to use. We’ve got a good list of tasks that we’re collecting and some people will bring their own Dylan-related projects.
- Updated Dylan Programming Guide — 2013-01-21
The Dylan Programming Guide has been updated to our new documentation format and is now available in PDF and ePub formats.
- New release: 2012.1 — 2012-12-20
We just released Open Dylan 2012.1. This release brings many bugfixes, improved platform support and new features.
- Improved editor support — 2012-10-18
Bugs in the syntax highlighting support for Textmate and Sublime Text as well as for vim have been fixed.
- command-line-parser library — 2012-10-15
The command-line-parser library has been completely rewritten.
- New strings library — 2012-05-18
A new library of basic string operations is now available as a standard library.
- C3 superclass linearization — 2012-01-25
We implemented the C3 superclass linearization algorithm and enabled it by default. This is more intuitive and will allow for further performance improvements.
- Dswank - emacs and DIME — 2011-12-12
We developed DIME, the Dylan interaction mode for emacs, based on SLIME. Now, you can browse the class hierarchy, get argument lists, locate definitions, compile, view warnings and more, all from within emacs!
- New release: 2011.1 — 2011-12-10
We just released Open Dylan 2011.1. This release is our first since moving to GitHub and relicensing under a more liberal license. It brings many bugfixes, inmproved platform support and new features.
- New Documentation — 2011-11-22
We’re revitalizing our documentation and moving to a new publishing system. We’ll soon be able to provide our documentation in PDF and ePub as well as HTML, with it looking much better and being more maintainable than in the past.
- Welcome to the New Website! — 2011-11-22
As part of recharging Open Dylan development, we’ve re-done the website and cleaned up a lot of the old, out-dated material here.
If you’re looking for some of the old material, it can be found over at https://web.archive.org/web/20170313134206/http://old.opendylan.org/.
- Dylan Macro System by Dustin Voss.
This article holds hard-won knowledge about how the Dylan macro system works and how to work around some of the gotchas that may catch a macro writer.
- Procedural Dylan by Paul Haahr.
This essay explores Dylan from the perspective of a programmer used to traditional procedural languages, such as Pascal or C.