We have recently fixed some bugs in the syntax highlighting
support for Textmate and Sublime Text as well as for vim.
Sublime Text and Textmate
Syntax highligting in Sublime Text
Textmate and Sublime Text used the same plugin which can
be found on GitHub at https://github.com/dylan-lang/dylan.tmbundle.
- Using Open Dylan specific modifiers (dynamic, sideways, etc)
won’t break the highlighting.
- locked and thread variable definitions are highlighted
- Keyword / header highlighting at the start of a file is improved.
Also, we’ve submitted a request for this plugin to be made
available via Package Control for Sublime Text and hope
that this is ready in the near future.
Syntax highlighting in vim
We extended the Dylan support of vim:
- Improved comment handling such that all comments should
be highlighted correctly now.
- Improved operator highlighting.
- Enabled spell checking for strings, comments and headers.
To see this, you can toggle :set spell in vim.
- Enabled highlighting for the built-in functions as defined
in the DRM.
The files for vim can be found in https://github.com/dylan-lang/dylan-vim.
Patches and further improvements are welcome!