The common-dylan Library
The common-dylan library contains the common-extensions module and
the Dylan library. It provides a number of features that were either
omitted from the Dylan language described in the DRM, or that Open
Dylan’s developers have found useful in a broad range of situations.
The Common Dylan library exports the following modules:
- The common-extensions Module Miscellaneous extensions to the Dylan language
that have been found to be broadly useful.
- The common-dylan module re-exports everything in the
common-extensions and dylan modules. This is a convenience module
that is very widely used.
- The simple-io Module Simple formatting facilities. For more flexible
formatting and printing, see the io library.
- The simple-random Module A facility for generating pseudo-random integers.
- The transcendentals Module A set of open generic functions for ANSI
C-like behavior over real numbers.
- The machine-words Module A set of functions for representing a limited
range of integral values.
It also re-exports these modules which are defined in the dylan library: